You are here
King Saud University’s Life Support Training Center in the College of Nursing is now accepting applications for its cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) -- Basic Life Support (BLS) program, which is accredited by the Saudi Heart Association.
Attributes of this program include:
- The instructors are accredited by the Saudi Heart Association
- The program is acknowledged by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties as equal to four credit hours
- Duration of the program is only one day
- Sessions are held for one week in the Life Support Training Center
- Those who complete the course earn accredited certificates from the Saudi Heart Association
For additional information and to register, contact the Life Support Training Center in KSU’s College of Applied Medical Sciences, Building 24, First Floor; phone/fax 014698514, or email, CPR-NUR@ksu.edu.sa
The vision of the College of Nursing is “To be the center and a leader in advanced skills training to support life” and one of its goals is “Life support skills development for students of the College, the University, and the community.” This CPR program is a major part of both of those items.
The Saudi Heart Association endeavors to raise the awareness of and contribute to cardiac research. As one of the most prestigious of Saudi medical scientific associations, it also works to enhance scientific cardiac research and exchange among different institutions and disciplines in the Kingdom and abroad.
Registration requires the following information and documents:
- Full name (Arabic - English)
- National identity card number for Saudis), Iqama for non-Saudis
- Professional membership card numbers (if applicable)
Remaining courses in 2012 are:
Basic Life Support (BLS), Sunday, December 9th
Basic Life Support (BLS) Sunday, December 16th
First Aid, Saturday, December 22nd
First Aid, Monday, December 24th
First Aid, Wednesday, December 26th
- KSU Nursing Club to users of antibiotics without medical prescription
- German academic agency accords KSU College of Nursing accreditation