You are here
King Saud University’s Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSSC) in the Medical Education Department will be offering a simulation course titled “Interventional Bronchoscopy Simulation Course & Workshop” starting from March 15 to 16, 2014.
The purpose of this two days course uses simulation and skill stations to teach a “Hands on” approach to bronchoscopy procedure.
Course included following objectives:
- Recognize the various parts of a bronchoscope;
- Discuss common bronchoscopy complications and how to minimize them;
- Practice transbronchial needle aspiration using a simulated patient;
- Perform flexible bronchoscopy to remove foreign objects from a simulated patient;
- Understand the anatomy of the bronchial tree and recognize the various segments through the bronchoscope;
- Effectively perform a bronchoscopy for a simulated patient with hands-on training with a video bronchoscope.
Course fee would be for this two days simulation is 1500 SR.
Instructors for this course will be Dr. CSSC supervisor Dr. Sami A. Alnassar.
- KSU Scheduled Course to Difficult Airway Management on 27 Feb.
- Simulation Center offering course titled “Chest Tube Management”